Saturday, November 22, 2008

The madness has ended!

... The madness had ended... um... ya... that's pretty much it. By madness I mean constant heart attacks from all the work with more to come from exams in a couple weeks, and by ended, I mean, ended temporarily! University is a lot of work and I don't know why my brain is in constant denial of that; maybe I should ask Freud...

Ah, that's life though, you gotta love it! It would be quite boring without this overdrive! By the way, I am not much of a writer really (I try hard... lol). The only thing I can write is scientific papers and even those are a big pain in the... ... hand... But I am glad that I got sometime to paint this weekend. I started working on some of the old sketches. I will eventually finish the paintings below. I like to take things slow and steady (which partly explains the constant heart attacks). If you are in my labs you should know that already!

Anyway, I was working on the Battle of Chamkaur series. Here I am trying to depict Guru Gobind Singh ji leaving Anandpur and making his way to Chamkaur di garhi (I think I got that right, it's when he is tricked into leaving the castle). He pulls out a spear and nails down every mughal in his path! So here's the basic idea. I think it feels very chaotic, which is what I want. I hope this feeling stays till the finish, although in art there is no finish, only personal satisfaction.

2 comments:

Bert said...

Hi, another artist here. I was browsing for battle scenes, looking for inspiration, and found some in your work. The Battle of Chamka... gives a strong sense of defiance and brutality. Awsome. Your current project looks like it's off to a good start.
Bert
aristabros@att.net
www.aristabros.com

Bhagat Singh Bedi said...

Thanks Bert. Its been a month since your comment was up and I didn't even see it. I hate blogger for this, there is no notification by email.
That website you provided doesn't work BTW